Friday, September 10, 2010

Working with vocabulary!!!

How To Improve Your Vocabulary! well, I found this great site called About.com: English as 2nd Language. They suggest several techniques to improve our vocabulary .. mmm.. I thought we could use some of those great ideas in class, so here I will write about some of the ones we'll be working with in class or for homework.

1. Vocabulary Charts place vocabulary in connected categories to help "long term" memorization. This is a printable vocabulary chart to help you create in-class vocabulary charts.

Example of a vocabulary chart
 2. Learn Collocations: Collocations refer to words that often or always go together. A good example of a collocation is to do your homework. These lists of important verb + noun collocations will help your learn some of the most important.


Now,  match these words and make collocations:
Verbs:                                              Nouns:
Take      Have      Break                   a break    a leg  a headache

Write your answers in the comment area.... smiles...

3. Making a wordle  "word cloud": According to Wordle..... It is a toy for generating “word clouds” from text that you provide. The clouds give greater prominence to words that appear more frequently in the source text. You can tweak your clouds with different fonts, layouts, and color schemes. The images you create with Wordle are yours to use however you like. You can print them out, or save them to the Wordle gallery to share with your friends.

Like this collocations with the word Motivation:

 

http://www.wordle.net/show/wrdl/2406691/collocations..Motivation 

Well, hope this help us improve our vocabulary during this trimester...

Keep on Shining Love and Peace!
Doris3m

3 comments:

angelica said...

Hello techer, is Angelica Matos, I don not know how to post my explanation video on my blog, this is the link http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-release-your-inner-genius

It´s about memory and being creative...
please tell me hoe to do it ang i´ll do it.

Gaby said...

Hello teacher, here is my review of Exercise of verbs and nouns. I hope this well my answer because I didn´t take notes in class.



Take a break
Have a headache
Break a leg

iraida abreu said...

hi am Iraida Abreu teacher, I'm in the K502 section, add me to your blog is my link Iraidaabreu.blogspot.com. Greetings and kisses.