Daily ScheduleI get up at 5:00 am, take a shower and get dressed….
Pronunciation: Sentence stress
Saying hello, asking How is it going?A. Hey Stuart. How is it going?.
B. Okay, I guess.
Daily activities, habits and frequencyI always get up at 7:30
Mari never has cereal for breakfast
Javier is usually a happy person
Dylan often checks his e-mail in the morning.
Fun Exercise: daily routines, by Cathrine Baldwin
Find this and other daily routines exercises in English Exercises .org
Discuss dating customsJames: In North America, dating in high school is common. What about in Venezuela?
Lucy: That’s very common in our country, too.
James: Are you dating someone?
Lucy: Yes. I am. I’m dating Miguel.
James: When you go on a date to the movies, who pays for the movie?
Lucy: Miguel usually pays but sometimes I pay.
Jackie is always late for class
With other verbs
Jackie always gets up at 8:00
Yes/ No and Wh-questions about frequencyA: When do you get up?
B: I usually get up early at 7:00
A: Do you sometimes get up late?
B: yes, sometimes. Most of the time during the weekend.
Position of adverbs of frequency - Exercise 1
Frequency Adverbs Multiple Choice
Adverbs of Frequency
Adverbs of Frequency (organize)
Wh-questions about the subjectA: Who do you work for?
B: I work for Toyota
A: Who works for Toyota?
B: I do
Mr. Wada does
Homework for this Unit:Look at Wendy's day
- Write a 4 paragraph composition.
- Describe your daily activities: morning, afternoon, evenings and nights.
- Close your composition telling about dating in Venezuela.
- Draw some pictures, use computer images, or take your own photos.
- Use this model to help you tell about your daily routine, habits and frequency. (use always, sometimes, never, etc).
- PowerPoint + voice recording is a plus!!!!
- Don’t forget to check with a tutor and use the check speller in your computer.
- You can make a slide show with Slide or make a poster in Glogster or a short video in Animoto
- have fun working on your homework... smiles