Sunday, May 23, 2010

Level 2. Unit 7. Time and Schedules

Unit 7. Time and Schedules

A. In this unit we learn to tell the time. Look at the following example:
What time is it?

1.   A. Excuse me. Can you tell me the time, please?
      B. Yes, of course. It's seven o'clock.
      A. Thank you.
      B. No problem.

2.  A. What time is it?
     B. It's half past three.
    A. Thanks.
    B. You're welcome.

Now.. watch the following video:





B. Also we talk about making suggestions... Using Let's

A: Let's see the new Star Wars movie..
B: Hmm.. I don't really want to see that.
A: Then let's see The Lord of the Rings III
B: OK. That sounds good!


C. We learn about days of the week

Days of the week



Listen to Tom talking about the days of the week. 

 

Now, answer the following questions:

What's Tom's favorite day of the week?

What does he do on his favorite day of the week?

What about  you? What's your favorite day of the week? what do you do on that day? 


Go to Voki.com and create your own talking avatar..


D. We learn the Prepositions of Time: in / on / at

Prepositions are short words (on, in, to) that usually stand in front of nouns (sometimes also in front of gerund verbs).

Look at the following short conversation:
A: When is your class?
B: It's on Monday.
          on Monday Morning.
          at 8 o'clock.
          in the morning.

Here you can find more information on Prepositions of time ad exercises:
# Exercise on Prepositions – Time 1
# Exercise on Prepositions – Time 2

E. We also talked about .....Weekend Activities ...


A: What do you do on the weekend?
B: I like to go to the movies and work out at the gym.
A: Now, what about you..my dear reader?

Expand your vocabulary: weekend routines

F. Finally we practice a little making questions in the simple present with Wh-questions:What, Where, Who, When

A: Where do you live?
B: I live in London.
A: What do you do on the weekend?
B: I go out with friends.
A: Who do you live with?
B: I live with my parents.
A: When do you go to school?
B: I go to school everyday from Monday to Friday.

This is a video to help you remember the WH- Questions!!!


Homework for this unit.

To practide dictation: http://elt.heinle.com/cgi-telt/course_products_wp.pl?fid=M20H&product_isbn_issn=0838406610&discipline_number=301&from_series_id=1000000381&subject_code=AYA01

A. Looks at the following model about Carlos' week.

Carlos's Schedule

"I have a busy week. On Monday morning,  I have maths class at 7:00 am. In the afternoon I go to the gym at 3:00 pm. On tuesday, I have study group with my friends Miguel and Jose at noon. Wednesday afternoon, I have a doctor's apointment at 2:45 pm. In the evening, I watch Doctor House at 7:00 pm. It's my favorite TV program. ......"

Now it's your turn.....

Draw a chart with the schedule of your weekdays activities and your weekend activities.
Include the time and the days of the week you do different things in the morning, afternoon and evening. Next explain your schedule in a paragraph. Go to voky.com and create a talking avatar to tell about your schedule during the week.

Post it in your blog. You can include images, links or a video.

Well, Have fun practicing your English! Keep on shining love and peace!
Doris3m

No comments: