Thursday, April 3, 2008

Answering Machine Messages

Here you have some examples of answerng machine messages for you to practice.

Hi, This is Jennifer. I can’t come to the phone right now. Please, leave me a message, and I’ll call you back as soon as possible.


  • Hi, I can’t answer the phone right now. Please, leave a message after the beep.

  • Please, leave a message and I will call you back.

  • Please, leave your name, your number and a brief message after the beep.

When leaving a message, remember to use Object pronouns. An object pronoun is used as an object of a verb in a sentence.

  • I call Susan - I call her

  • I left Carlos a message - I left him a message.

Go to the Centre for Education and Training (CET) , Ingles Mundial or to Language Guide to practice using object pronouns.

Now, What do people listen to when you don't answer your phone?

Photo: by thaumata


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello I'm Carla.. I can't answer your call at the moment. Please, leave your message after the beep… thanks.. Take care!!

Carla Moncada
CI:23.270.828
Seccion: M-201

Anonymous said...

Heeelloooo! I’m Ohanian! Guess What…? I can’t answer the phone right now, but leave me a message and I’ll call you later.. See you… Kisses!

Ohanian Maldonado.
I.D 18.517.644.
M-201

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm Daniel I can’t answer the phone, please leave your name and your message I’ll call you later.....Jose Matos C.I 19836839 seccion: M201

Anonymous said...

Hello, I’m Sharena , I am not home at the moment, leave your name and phone number. seccion M-201

Anonymous said...

HI!!! How are you today? This is Jessi… I’m not at home right now so I can’t answer the phone … please leave me your message and I call you later!

Anonymous said...

Hello, you are talking with Adriana, at the moment I can not move, please leave your message after the tone.
Att. adriana bordon m-201

Anonymous said...

Hi, this is Diego leave a message after the bep! Seccion: m-201

Anonymous said...

HELLOO!!. This is a Linda Faks. I can`t come to the phone right now. Please, leave me message, and I’II call you back as soon as possible.

Anonymous said...

Hello, this is Daniela, I’m busy right now, please leave your name, your number and a brief message. I’ll call you back.

Daniela D'Apollo
CI:19.017.812
Sección: M-201

Anonymous said...

Hello I am Renzo. I can’t answer the phone. I'm not at home. please leave your name and your message I’ll call you back as soon as possible.
Renzo Salcedo C.I 19.084.685 Seccion: M201

Anonymous said...

Hello my name is Noelia at this time I am not leave your message. Noelia Aranaga seccion m201

Anonymous said...

Hello, this is ayatola, I can`t come to the phone right now. Please call me latter.. bye

ayatola nuñez
c.i.18986246
s511