Topic: Modern Trends and fashions
According to Wikipedia.............. Trend may refer to:
- Fads and trends, including fashion trend
- Trendsetter (or early adopter), person who starts (or follows early on) a fashion or technology trend before most other people
- Market trend, prolonged period of time when prices in a financial market are rising or falling faster than their historical average, also known as "bull" and "bear" markets, respectively
Video: That's a family!
What kind of family do you have?
- Nuclear Family: It is a family group consisting of a father and mother and their children,who share living quarters.
- Blended Family: Family who is divorced and re-grouped.
- Extended Family: Family who has grandparents and children living together.
- Traditional: Normal families
- Non traditional: no classical families.
- Step mother or father
Mother or father who is not your biological father or mother but is married with your biological father or mother.
- Half Brother or sister: Sister / brother who is not your biological sister/brother.
- Single parents
- Married parents
- Divorced parents
- Foster parents
- Step parents
- Adopting parents
- Working parents.
- Stay-at-home parents
Read about families in the USA:
Statistics on US Families
Nontraditional Families Becoming More Traditional
Grammar: Quantity expressions;
Expressions for Agreeing and Disagreeing
Exercise on disagreeing
Fashion and Style
What is your opinion about fashion and style? what's your style? what kind of clothes do you wear?
Take the quiz: http://www.blogthings.com/whatsyourstyletypequiz/
for more fashion vocabulary:
Fashion Talk: http://busyteacher.org/8366-fashion-talk-speaking-cards.html
Teen Styles: http://busyteacher.org/6131-teen-styles.html
giving advice with could, should, ought to and had better.
1. Write a paragraph to describe families in our country and your family. Use the vocabulary discussed in class.
2. Ask your friends about trends in your university. Write a composition with photos, and statics of what you found out. How many people id you talk to? what are URBE's trends in fashion, music, discos, movies, ...?